Camões, IP - Ottawa offers a program of Portuguese Language and Culture of the Portuguese Speaking Countries, coordinated by the Camões, I.P. Visiting Professor at the University of Ottawa.
RULES & REGULATIONS AT CAMÕES OTTAWA
- Students are required to pay the entire cost of training, registration fee and the course material (when applicable) prior to the beginning of the session.
- A $25 fee will be charged for «non-sufficient funds» cheque.
- Camões Ottawa reserves the right to cancel any course or reduce the number of instructional hours, should there be fewer than 5 students registered. (please read the document below for more details - IMPORTANT COURSE CHANGES.
- In the event that a course is cancelled, Camões Ottawa will offer students different options:
a) Transferring to another class,
b) A credit note,
c) A full refund.
- NO REFUND will be granted unless a course is cancelled by Camões Ottawa .
- Credit notes may be granted to a student who wishes to withdraw from a class ONLY when he/she provides Camões Ottawa with WRITTEN NOTICE of his/her intent to withdraw WITHIN THE FIRST WEEK OF THE SESSION.
- Please note that absence from class does not constitute notice of withdrawal.
- Credit notes are valid for a period not exceeding 1 year from the date the credit note was issued.
- Credit notes will be processed based on the number of remaining hours in the course once written notice of intent to withdraw is received by Camões Ottawa .
- A $20 administration fee will automatically be deducted from the value of the credit note.
- Students are not entitled to a credit for a class where a previous credit was used as full or partial payment of course fees.
- Credit notes are non-transferable & non-refundable.
PARKING: is at your own cost and risk.
IMPORTANT COURSE CHANGES
CAMÕES Ottawa offers Portuguese classes for individuals in private lessons, semi-private lessons (for 2 or 3 students), and group classes for more than 5 students.
We reserve the right to cancel any group course if there are less than 5 students in the group class (see document entitled “rules and regulations”, on your registration receipt).
Because your interest in learning Portuguese matters to us, we may decided not to cancel your class, but to change it from a “group” format to a “semi-private” format, which means that:
If you are registered for the summer course, you paid $850, and the program is for:
80 hours for groups of 5 students or more,
60 hours for 3 students and
40 hours for 2 students